Thursday, May 17, 2007

Fun Stuff Today

This great picture shows the power of maternal instinct - a dog in Paomaling Zoo in Jinan, capital of east China's Shandong Province, feeds her puppy and three tiger triplets after they were rejected by their mother (the downside of maternal instinct).

Also, a great quote picked up from a daily calendar I have:

Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives.

- Sue Murphy
Lily

Also, an earlier post on wagging tails promised observation of Lily's tail wagging and whether she tended to wag in the direction that was observed in the lab - left for danger, right for safety and happiness.

I can report that her tail not only goes waaay to the right when happy, but her hips move in the same direction too - this is a dog that puts everything into her overall joy for life.

She's one week into a two week stay with me. I hesitate to try and validate the leftward wagging since I'd then have put her in the unsavory position of perceived danger. We're here to have fun, so we'll leave it at that, knowing that happy dogs definitely wag to the right.

Happy Thursday.

No comments: